May 13, 2020 – Vancouver, B.C. – International Montoro Resources Inc. (TSX-V: IMT), (Frankfurt: O4T1), (the “Company”). Montoro has received the final detailed report of its 2019 sampling program on its 2007 ha Wicheeda North, B.C., rare earth element (REE) project. The project adjoins the Wicheeda discovery property being drilled and expanded by Defense Metals Corp., located approximately 10km to the southeast.
In 2019, a comprehensive exploration program consisting of (1) reprocessing and reinterpretation of the airborne geophysical data (see June 4, 2019 news release), and (2) grid-based soil sampling (across 3 grids), prospecting, and limited rock sampling in select areas, was completed.
A total of 535 soil samples were collected from the three areas of the property: north and south extensions were added to pre-existing Grid A, a south extension was added to pre-existing Grid D, and a new Grid F was sampled. Thematic geochemical anomaly maps were generated for Cerium (Ce) and other values were received for Light REEs including Lanthanum (La), Neodymium (Nd), Praseodymium (Pr), Samarium (Sm) Europium (Eu), and Gadolinium (Gd). The following table summarizes the soil results:
Thematic geochemical anomaly maps were generated using percentiles (99th percentile; 98th percentile; 95th percentile, 90th percentile); values of <90th percentile were regarded as background. The thematic map for Cerium (Ce) shows the following:
- Grid A North includes a number of spot anomalies (one 98th percentile, five 95th percentile and six 90th percentile) some of which outline a vague north-south linear anomaly that trends off the grid to the north.
- The Grid A South anomaly consists of a cluster of four 99th percentile samples located at the southern edge of the grid. The anomaly appears to have northwest and east-northeast trending tails that might be the result of dispersion from the centre of an anomaly located to the south-southwest.
- An anomaly on the south edge of Grid D South consists of a strong northeast trending anomaly that is defined by two 99th percentile values, two 98th percentile values and five 95th percentile values along with numerous 90th percentile values.
Mr. Robert (Bob) Lane, M.Sc., P.Geo., reported: The property has the potential to host, and should continue to be explored for, REE mineralization because it occurs within a favourable geological belt know to contain carbonatite-hosted REE mineralization such as the Main Zone on the Wicheeda property (Defense Metals Corp.) that adjoins Montoro’s property to the southeast.
Recommended future programs should include:
- The southerly extensions of soil geochemical grids Grid A South and Grid D South to determine the extent of the multi-element REE anomalies. These areas should also be carefully prospected.
- Several soil lines should be added to extend Grid A North to the north to evaluate the possible continuation of the REE anomalies identified on that grid.
- An airborne EM survey should be completed over the southern part of the property to cover claim 1065534 and adjacent parts of claims 1064659 and 1065610. This southern part of the property was not flown in the 2010 helicopter-borne electromagnetic, magnetic and radiometric geophysical survey. This southern part of the property coincides with the southern edges and potential future expansion of grids A South and D South.
- Should the results from soil sampling, prospecting and/or EM surveying identify additional well-defined targets, it is recommended that excavator trenching be considered as a potential next step.
Click on the attached link for the complete Report titled ‘2019 Geochemical Report on the Wicheeda North REE Property, prepared by R.A. (Bob) Lane. https://www.montororesources.com/docs/Wicheeda-North-2019-AR.pdf
Mr. Lane has extensive experience in this area as he previously managed the adjacent Wicheeda nineteen (19) holes drilling projects in 2008 and 2009 for Spectrum Mining; and assisted in the compilation and completion of an NI 43-101 Technical Report for First Legacy Mining (now Defense Metals Corp.) who have acquired the property.
NI 43-101 Disclosure
Robert A. (Bob) Lane, M.Sc., P.Geo., a Qualified Person as defined by National Instrument 43-101, has reviewed and approved the technical information above in this news release.
|About International Montoro Resources Inc. Int. Montoro Resources Inc. listed on the TSX Venture Exchange for over 25 years, is a Canadian based emerging resource company. The Company is systematically exploring its extensive property positions in: Red Lake, Ontario ( Camping Lake – Au prospect) Elliot Lake, Ontario (Serpent River/Pecors -Ni-Cu-PGE discovery) & (Uranium- REE’s) Quebec (Duhamel -Ni-Cu-Co prospect & Titanium, Vanadium, and Chromium prospect) Prince George, British Columbia (Wicheeda North – Rare Earth Elements prospect) ON BEHALF OF THE BOARD “Gary Musil” Gary Musil,|
President/CEO and Director Disclaimer for Forward-Looking Information: Certain statements in this release are forward-looking statements which reflect the expectations of management. Forward-looking statements consist of statements that are not purely historical, including any statements regarding beliefs, plans, expectations or intentions regarding the future. Such statements are subject to risks and uncertainties that may cause actual results, performance or developments to differ materially from those contained in the statements. No assurance can be given that any of the events anticipated by the forward-looking statements will occur or, if they do occur, what benefits the Company will obtain from them. These forward-looking statements reflect management’s current views and are based on certain expectations, estimates and assumptions which may prove to be incorrect. Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.